Monday, June 7, 2010

I Could Run Away...


Do you ever have times in your life where you wish you can just runaway?  Runaway from life, from friends, from family, from problems, obligations, responsibilities, etc.

My grandma found out she had breast cancer today, and all I want to do is sleep, cry and get away.  But is strength running away from your problems, or is it facing them and getting through them?  I know everyone says that God won't give you more then you can handle, but do you ever get tired of hearing that?  Tell that to the young woman last week who lost her fiance to suicide, and she flat out said she couldn't hear that expression one more time.  To the wife, whose husband was having an affair after years of marriage.  To the girl whose lost her dad, her husband and now her mom.

Do you ever wish that God didn't trust you so much?

I used to sing a song called "I Could Runaway," and as I was sitting in my room alone, crying myself to some sort of a nap, I couldn't help but sing this song once again.

I could runaway, You will never leave, You will always stay, right by my side.  Everything I ever wanted I found in You; and I need You, every step of the way.
Forgive me for being a little negative, but I feel like I'm losing my ground.  And sometimes I think, "What's the point?"  WIll you pray for me that I will continue on this journey.  If I let you down, if I break your heart, if I don't meet expectations, I'm sorry.  But remember...don't hold me on a pedestal.  I'm only human.

G

No comments:

Post a Comment