Thursday, May 27, 2010

This Brokenness Inside Me Might Start Healing...


It's crazy how in one second your life can change.  Whether it be a move of stepping forward, a move of stepping backwards, or sometimes just steps back and forth.  Often it can be the most random step, and you ask yourself, "What was I thinking?!"

I feel like I've been doing a sort of waltz in my life the last couple of months; doing things which I normally never would, and not in a good way.  Is this a part of growing up?  Because if it is I wish it hurt less.

Our lives are defined by our actions, and in my own life I have been pretty predictable.  But as of late, I feel like I've been a little lost.  An amazing friend of mine just told me to stop putting everything on my shoulders and to start putting things in the light.  Heck, if we put things in light from the very beginning, things wouldn't be drawn out and even made into a bigger deal.  But our flesh, our confusion and mostly our pride cause us to hide things which may cause others to feel different about us.  No one wants their reputation dragged through the mud, no one wants their lives to be yelled from rooftops.  But unfortunately it has to happen.  And you get to that place where you wis you could've gone back to the predictable person that is YOU.  

I pray if this has happened to you, that you would allow God to heal you.  That your sins, lies, hopes, dreams would not be hidden because you are scared of what others might think.  Yes, we are called to live a life set apart; unfortunately we ourselves fall down.  It may happen continually, or this could be the first time.  Whether it's your first of many, or your first and your very last; I pray that God will rescue you.

Our brokenness can only be healed and restored once circumstances have light shed upon then.  So I challenge you, as I have been challenged, to give it over to God.  He won't let you go, I PROMISE!

Love and Hoped For Peace,
G
 

No comments:

Post a Comment